Saturday, July 11, 2009

78 RPM label designs



As you can see from the previous entries, I'm interested in almost everything, and I'm open to suggestions for future posts. In the next few days I will be posting on the Sonia Sotomayor confirmation hearings that will begin next week, Watergate, Emmett Till, albino buffalo, and various other topics.

One of the great things about record collecting, in addition to discovering great music, is running across rare and unusual record labels I've never seen before. I really like these two, thought I've never heard the music here or seen these labels. Ted Staunton has many other great label images on his website

http://www.tedstaunton.com/labels/


The Stadion label depicts the stadium that was built for the 1912 Olympics, held in Stockholm
. The record is from 1915.

The Busy-Bee record is from 1906.


No comments:

Post a Comment